Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Review of Falling To Pieces by Amber Garza



I fell in love with Falling To Pieces.



Title:  falling to pieces
Author: Amber Garza
Release Date: March 25, 2013
Genre: Contemporary Romance

My Review

This was the first novel I’ve read by Amber Garza and won’t be the last. Falling To Pieces is a sweet story of how one little white lie can change the way people think about you or someone you care about.  It was a harmless lie at first, only one meant to protect, not to harm, but for Asher and Ivy, the consequences of what transpired could ruin their relationship before it even has a chance to begin.

I liked Ivy and Asher. They were just your average every day young adults trying to find their way in the world. I say young adult, but to me anyone under 30 is young adult. They were college age and they weren’t perfect, they weren’t special and they had their share of problems just like most young people have. They were just two young people who happened to live in the town right next to the one I live in, so I really enjoyed reading about some of the places and settings. Places and settings that I sometimes take for granted. It was nice of Amber to remind me what wonderful little towns there are around here.

The relationship between Asher and his mother wasn’t the greatest, but I suppose that was because of the lie. Asher had been away at college and was home for the summer, visiting his mom and brother, and that was part of the story that kept it real, the fact that she loved him and wanted what she thought was best for her son, and of course, he didn’t see it that way.

Amber knows how to keep the suspense flowing because we really don’t know what the lie is or why until very close to the end, which kept me turning the page because all the while, the story leading up to it is great. Falling To Pieces is a sweet contemporary love story with a touch of unfortunate realism that makes it very heartfelt.


 falling to pieces get 5 shinning stars from me so what are you waiting for? Go get your copy today! Available at Amazon in digital and print formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and always look forward to your comments!