Pages

Friday, December 14, 2018

Christmas Cookie Recipes

I love to bake and the holidays are the only time I really do it because ... well, I also love to eat what I bake and if I baked all year long, well, you know...

My mom always called these cookies, Butter Nut Balls, and they get requested every year for parties from my friend Mercy (she puts on some wonderful parties throughout the year) and also by my family.



They are the easiest, but a bit time consuming, as you need to roll each cookie then after they are cooked roll them again in powered sugar. A great bake together project for kids to help with. They are so yummy with melt in your mouth sweetness.

Ingredients:

1/2 pound butter
4 tablespoons sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chopped nuts (I use pecans)

Roll into 3/4 - 1 inch balls. They expand so keep them on the smaller side.
Bake at 350 degree 15 - 18 minutes, depending on your oven.
Let them cool then roll in powered sugar. Be sure to let them cool so the sugar does not melt on them.

That's it. Enjoy. Easy Peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and always look forward to your comments!